Group Exercise Instructor
The Group Exercise Instructor will lead members, in a group environment, through a pre-arranged format of exercises designed to enhance overall fitness, strength and endurance, while ensuring that the safety of the members is not compromised. The Group Exercise Instructor will also serve as a resource to educate members on various aspects of fitness.
Arrive at class location 10 to 15 minutes ahead of scheduled start time to be available to interact with members, answer questions, inquire about their fitness progress, introduce and orient new participants. Group Exercise Instructors should know their participants on an individual basis and have a good sense of their fitness capabilities.
Clothing should be appropriate fitness attire. It should not prohibit participants from seeing proper form, alignment and movement of the body. However, clothing should not be revealing in an inappropriate manner. Proper footwear should be worn at all times.
During Class Responsibilities:
- Introduce yourself and the format of the class.
- Inquire if there are any “first-timers” in the group and if so, assess their fitness level in as private a manner as possible.
- Make sure all verbal instructions are clear and that the volume, tempo of music and overall atmosphere is conducive to hearing, teaching, learning and having fun.
- Continually monitor participants to ensure all participants are using correct form. Offer variations of the routine to accommodate all fitness levels.
- Create a motivational and fun environment for all participants.
- If teaching Les Mills, follow the formats specified for each program.
After Class Responsibilities:
- Remove all music and return microphone to proper place.
- Make sure room is in order for the next class to begin.
- Answer any questions/concerns participants may have.
- Solicit feedback from participants about the class.
- Make sure that class begins and ends promptly. If necessary, make adjustments to the flow of the class to ensure adherence to the schedule.
- If the Group Exercise Instructor is teaching the last class of the day, please follow proper closing procedures as outlined by the Group Exercise Manager for the individual facility.
- In the event that a Group Exercise Instructor cannot fulfill a scheduled class, it is his/her responsibility to find a qualified/approved substitute and notify the Group Exercise Director if there is a problem finding a substitute.
- Group Exercise Instructors must be dependable and consistent in their class schedules. Anyone committing to teach a class should make all arrangements so that substitutes or cancellations are a rare occurrence.
- Attend all required staff meetings as necessary.
- Ensure that proper time recording procedures are followed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Prepare any incident and/or witness reports as necessary in the event of accidents.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards his/her responsibilities, fellow employees, and members.
- Promote Gold’s Gym and GGX as much as possible.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- At least six months teaching in a group exercise format.
- Les Mills certifications: BODYPUMP, BODYCOMBAT, BODYFLOW, BODYSTEP, RPM, CXWORX, SPRINT
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique and group exercise principles.
- Knowledge of basic physiology and body mechanics.
- Performance of a variety of exercise routines.
- Positive and effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot audio equipment
- Instructors having a specialized skill such as Yoga, Pilates, Body Pump, Body Attack, etc. must provide verifiable proof of education.
- Current CPR certification and basic first aid training is required.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to the ability to lift light weights, bending, squatting, jumping, running, reaching, walking, hopping, spinning and kicking.
Gold's Gym - CGG Operations LLC
Stronger with YOU
Gold’s Gym is one of the most iconic brands in the world. As “The Authority in Fitness Since 1965”, Gold’s Gym is recognized for superior service, facilities, programs, and products. Our roots are in Southern California serving workout enthusiasts and people who are serious about fitness and passionate about life. Founder Joe Gold knew how to provide the most motivating and inspiring environment to encourage people to challenge themselves and become the most they could be. Today’s Gold’s Gyms carry that philosophy forward and enhance it with expanding offerings, innovation, and technology.
As part of the Gold’s Gym family you will experience the pride and privilege of being a part of this great heritage. You will feel incredible empowerment from helping others change their lives for the better, just as Joe himself felt. Whether a single mom or a premier athlete, Gold’s Gym is the community resource for everything health and fitness.
Our Core values are: Integrity, Passion, Pride, and Leadership. If you share these values, enjoy working hard, and are selected as a Gold’s Gym Professional – you will have a rewarding career with us in changing lives for the better.
Company Website: www.goldsgym.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)