The Front Desk Associate will greet and direct members, guests and staff as they enter the gym
and provide control of the front door location. This position will provide assistance to members’
requests along with inquiries about gym operations & policies as well as perform various
administrative duties as directed by the Gym manager or Front Desk Supervisor. This position is also responsible for promoting, selling, implementing and practicing the programs, policies and procedures pertaining to sales.
- Greets each member and guest promptly, enthusiastically and with a smile to create a
friendly positive entrance into the gym
- Says “Hello” to all incoming guests and says “Good-bye” to all outgoing guests
- Provides security and control to the front door area of the facility
- Checks each member into the gym using the proper check-in procedures
- Monitors check-ins to identify delinquent accounts and notifies Front Desk Supervisor
- Registers all guests into the gym using proper registration procedures
- Ensures that guests and appointments are directed to the appropriate person
- in a prompt, professional manner
- Answers the phone by the third ring in a professional and courteous manner and uses
- proper phone greeting techniques
- Addresses caller’s requests and/or takes appropriate messages
- Registers all telephone inquiries in the TI register in the Master Production Binder and
- transfers all calls to the appropriate recipients
- Responds immediately to member requests, inquiries and concerns
- Maintains a neat appearance and wears proper uniform attire with nametag while on duty
- Distributes keys, towels and other materials as needed
- Reserves time/makes appointments for Massage and Personal Training or other activities as needed
- Processes retail and concession sales
- Attends all staff meetings as directed
- Cleans and maintains the front desk area according to Company standards
- Responsible for a walk-thru of the facility every hour
- Follows proper opening and closing procedures as assigned
- Logs all maintenance concerns that are reported
- Notifies management of gym incidents that requires incident reports
- Works when scheduled and adheres to company attendance policies
- Performs other duties as directed by the Front Desk Supervisor and/or General Manager
- Maintains and generates members internally and externally with good intentions
- Offers detailed recommendations that are congruent with potential members’ goals and aspirations
- Presents a healthy lifestyle and fitness professionalism at all times
- Has a thorough understanding of overall club systems and operations and enforces procedures and policies
- Maintains CPR to current status
- Completes designated shift cleaning and signs off on the cleaning chart
- Maintains a professional view on all current trends and products
- Adheres strictly to monthly membership promotions and pricing
- Ensures all members and guests are helped in a prompt and professional manner including giving tours of the facility
- Schedules an FMS and orientation with a personal trainer for all new membersQualifications & Requirements:
- High school diploma required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Ability to communication effectively with both staff and members is critical.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles is required.
- Understanding of basic cash processing procedures is required.
- Functional computer skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task is very helpful to successfully perform duties.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of their shift.
Job Type: Part-time
Gold's Gym - CGG Operations LLC
Stronger with YOU
Gold’s Gym is one of the most iconic brands in the world. As “The Authority in Fitness Since 1965”, Gold’s Gym is recognized for superior service, facilities, programs, and products. Our roots are in Southern California serving workout enthusiasts and people who are serious about fitness and passionate about life. Founder Joe Gold knew how to provide the most motivating and inspiring environment to encourage people to challenge themselves and become the most they could be. Today’s Gold’s Gyms carry that philosophy forward and enhance it with expanding offerings, innovation, and technology.
As part of the Gold’s Gym family you will experience the pride and privilege of being a part of this great heritage. You will feel incredible empowerment from helping others change their lives for the better, just as Joe himself felt. Whether a single mom or a premier athlete, Gold’s Gym is the community resource for everything health and fitness.
Our Core values are: Integrity, Passion, Pride, and Leadership. If you share these values, enjoy working hard, and are selected as a Gold’s Gym Professional – you will have a rewarding career with us in changing lives for the better.
Company Website: www.goldsgym.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)