Position Title: Massage Therapist
Position Status: Varied
Position Classification: Hourly
Reports to: General Manager
The Massage Therapist is responsible for providing a superior massage experience to members and clients.
- Manage massage schedule at least 1 month in advance
- Establishes, monitor and analyzes supplies needed
- Assures massage room is left cleaning and ready for the next client
- Attends required meetings
- Presents themselves to industry standards (cleanliness/appropriate clothing)
- Manage client files
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Good organizational skills
- An understanding of health club operations
- Exhibit a superior sense of customer service at all times.
- Be self-motivated and have strong organizational and management skills.
- Must have a high level of professionalism, honesty, integrity and work ethic.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- Experience is preferred
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications is preferred
- Commission: 50% on sales plus tips
- Minimum 17 hours of availability for scheduling set with General Manager
- One night a week of chair massage for prospecting – max 2hrs a week
Paid at $10 a hour
Today Gold’s Gym is the most recognized name in fitness serving more than 3 million members in 38 states and 28 countries around the world. Always at the forefront of the fitness revolution, Gold’s Gym has continually evolved its profile by equipping gyms with the best amenities, the latest in cardio and strength training equipment and functional training areas as well as the most dynamic group exercise programs including Zumba, yoga, group cycling, mixed martial arts, muscle endurance training, and Pilates. We also offer signature classes which include GRIT, P90X, and RIP 60.
Gold’s Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We’ll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success. Ask yourself if you have what it takes. Become an active participant in our growth and you’ll share in the rewards for your efforts.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)